October 15, 2004
100 reasons not to blog
Posted by jeffy at October 15, 2004 11:19 AM
- reading blogs
- too much trouble to resize picture
- comment spam
- picture not good enough
- didn't take a picture
- nice outside
- too far behind
- can't decide which entry to write first
- have started not watching movies because it would lengthen the backlog of movie reviews I need to write and post, and anything that can make me do something that stupid shouldn't be supported
- ditto books
- should make lunch
- need to empty dishwasher
- cat box needs cleaning
- my blogging isn't as interesting as other people's
- people might read it and see what a dork I am
- too busy working on the campaign
- should be working on the campaign
- nobody reads it anyway
- yeah, okay, three people
- they probably should be doing other things too
- too much trouble to find and edit in all the links I want to add
- need to redo my templates and style sheets first
- have to upgrade Moveable Type
- or maybe I should switch to Word Press
- or Grey Matter
- too busy writing in my Live Journal
- can't decide whether it should go in my blog or my Live Journal
- might embarass my family
- maybe I completely missed the point of that movie
- looking at the stars
- need to fix my bike's rear brakes
- the car needs new tires
- who needs to hear another political rant at this point?
- might start another series that I'll have to obsessively keep up with
- I have a new niece: Fiona Eileen Curley born 10/14/04
- kitties want to play
- could use a shower
- rather read a book
- The Daily Show (on tape)
- blogging doesn't pay the bills
- blogs don't cuddle
- what have i got to prove?
- i could be selling all my stuff on ebay
- lawn needs mowing
- hardwood floors would be nice
- no wifi on my palm
- tiger mountain is three blocks away
- always wanted to learn to kayak
- The West Wing (on DVD)
- portland is only three hours by train
- vancouver is less
- if i did it today they'd expect it every day
- no gloves
- some psycho might deduce where i live and steal all my good stuff
- keep thinking i should pick up trash along my commute route
- wastes electrons
- people in china don't have blogs
- girls might think i'm sexy if my blog was cooler, but i'm happily married so i'd have to turn them down and they'd be sad
- might accidentally give away how self-absorbed i am
- could use up all my allotment of good ideas
- might lead to having to talk to people
- need to find a good recipe for baked beans
- Angel (on DVD)
- batteries going dead on laptop
- windows crashed
- Six Feet Under (on DVD)
- maybe i should jump on the NaNoWriMo bandwagon
- I think i'm going for a walk
- can't fit post in 4k palm memo
- have to learn to photoshop pictures into betterness
- haven't posted all the other things i've got a draft for yet
- might wake up Becky
- have to return some email
- need to delete a few thousand emails
- vocabulary too limited
- not enough time before I have to leave the house
- post will be longer than anyone could reasonably be expected to read
- no one will leave any comments
- should I really be displaying my neuroses for all the world to see?
- might get some comments
- wouldn't exercise be a better use of the time?
- Carpal Tunnel
- this chair makes my butt fall asleep
- I'm late
- preview templates in moveable type don't look anything like the final version
- need to surf the blogs I read yesterday to see if anyone has responded to the comments I left
- have to look up the html to cause the list to continue across the extended entry
- or maybe it will just work
- have to get ready for work
- should check work email before I go to lunch
- hey look, I have gmail
- have to try out Google Desktop Search
- wanted to revise my site stat collector
- I really am late
I am a beginner at blogging and I really like he feature "continue reading" that would be useful in so many blogs.
Is that a code that can be used in a simple blog operated under blogger or typepad or do you need a more flexible format that you can program yourself?
This is really funny! Love it! Thanks!
Then again, like I should talk about excuses.
Thanks for the comments everyone!
I answered Philippe in email (most blog sw has some kind of extended entry capability)
This is truly very funny. You got me to laugh way more than the top allotted number of times for one post...Wish I'd thought of this post first. I'll have to settle to linking to it like my friend Julie :-) Thanks.
Glad you enjoyed it!
I release the idea into the public domain. It'd be fun to read other people's reasons.
I should also be asleep, as I have been up for over 18 hours now, agreed to play tennis tomorrow, unless it rains, and go to work after that, and just finished dinner and it is after ten p.m.,,,however, I read about you in Katherine's blog (she got it from Julie, a friend of mine and my daughter, Katherine), and I went from her blog to your 100 reasons. I have yet to blog myself, but I enjoy reading and commenting; so my comment is: I think you would be a fun person to know. I live in VA, Julie is in WA, and Katherine in CA. Such a great way to connect with all of God's children! Cheers!
Looks like you have more than 3 readers, J!
I would have commented earlier, but I should be
- transcribing the minutes for the board meeting,
- shopping for some birthday presents,
- removing nails from a hundred battens,
- selling a taillight on ebay,
- going for a walk with the dog,
- installing Mickey's broader band,
- cleaning leaves out of the gutters,
- getting the furniture in the office cleared,
- caging the manure heap,
- eating something,
- drinking more coffee,
- checking on Mt. St. Helens,
- checking on Old Faithful,
- checking on Bobofett,
- checking on Bill,
- checking on Ginmar,
- checking the radar,
- checking Arroyo Hondo,
- fixing some of these links,
- hiking on over to Norma's
- finding a unique and satisfying job,
- writing about those turkeys crossing the road,
- asking neighbors about the tarantulas,
- shoring up the birdbath,
- vacuuming the rugs,
- drinking some more coffee?
- having a utility bonfire,
- going to hot lunch!
You rock. Very funny. I aspire to your funniness. Ciao, from an old friend.